POKER NEWS ARCHIVE - February 2007
Endurance Beverage Changes The Game Poker Tournaments
- Legendary poker professional, Phil Hellmuth, today announced his endorsement
of Pro Player, an endurance beverage designed to help poker players stay
focused and mentally alert during land-based and...
Club Owner Is Fined Over `Game of Chance'
- March 29 (Bloomberg) -- The former co-owner of a private London poker
club was fined 10,000 pounds ($19,500) today after a jury found him guilty
of profiting from a game of chance in violation of...
designed 'poker superstructure' and improvements at this year's WSOP
- Players competing in this year's World Series of Poker can expect to
find a richer variety of games taking place in a newly designed "poker
superstructure" adjacent to the Rio,
World Poker Association Forms Board of Trustees
- (PRWeb) April 2, 2007 -- The World Poker Association (WPA) announced
today the formation of its board of trustees. In an election that took
place February 25 to March 10, nine members were selected...
Tran Captures World Poker Tour Title
- J.C. Tran Captures World Poker Tour Title and Takes the Lead in WPT
Season V Player of the Year Race
Champion Jamie Gold Won't Face Retroactive Penalty For Rules Infractions
- LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The World Series of Poker will not penalize
reigning WSOP World Champion Jamie Gold for two rules infractions that
occurred during the 2006 WSOP Main Event.
Player Media Announces its Newly Expanded Player Representation Services
- Card Player Media, the worldÂ’s foremost poker authority,
announces that it has expanded its player representation services.
airs National Heads-Up Poker Championship
- For the third straight year, a field of 64 of the worldÂ’s
elite poker players will go head-to-head in some of the most aggressive
poker playing around.
Police Bust Up Poker Gambling Hall
- CARY - Cary Police say they have broken up an illegal poker gambling
hall that was housed in a nondescript warehouse and have arrested over
40 people on various charges.